FEATURED POST

U.S. | I'm a Death Row Pastor. They're Just Ordinary Folks

Image
In the early 1970s I was a North Carolinian, white boy from the South attending Union Theological Seminary in New York City, and working in East Harlem as part of a program. In my senior year, I visited men at the Bronx House of Detention. I had never been in a prison or jail, but people in East Harlem were dealing with these places and the police all the time. This experience truly turned my life around.

Kuwait | Child assault case against Islamic school teacher adjourned

KUWAIT CITY, Oct 25, (Agencies): The Criminal Court decided to adjourn the case of an Islamic education teacher accused of assaulting six children in the areas of Khitan and Farwaniya. The accused has previously faced the death penalty in another case, during which he uttered the phrase, “I am a defender on Judgment Day, a police officer, and our rights will not be violated…”

The accused stated, “I have been an Islamic education teacher for 15 years, and no one has ever complained about me. They claim I took the boy behind the grocery store and assaulted him. There are surveillance cameras in the grocery store. How could I take the boy there? There is nothing behind the grocery store; it’s a factory with cameras in every corner. I am a defender on Judgment Day.”

He further added, “All these cases are fabricated, and the witnesses claim I shouted at them. I happened to be near the boy by the grocery store, and there was a considerable distance between us. Your Honor, all the prisoners praise you and say you handle cases fairly. I’ve witnessed your fairness.”

The court had previously confronted the accused in another case, asking, “You were accused on June 6, 2022, of kidnapping and assaulting a child. The accused responded, “That is not true. They claim I kidnapped the child from the grocery store and then assaulted him. There are cameras in the grocery store.”

The court inquired about his other cases, to which the accused replied, “There are none.” The prosecutor’s statement confirmed the existence of other cases against him, to which he responded, “There is another case where I was sentenced to 4 months for kidnapping and assault.”

The court inquired about the nature of that case, to which the accused said, “I was sentenced to death in that case!” The court asked how he went from 4 months to a death sentence, and the accused responded, “I don’t recall.”

The Criminal Court had previously issued a death penalty by hanging against the accused in the first of 50 cases against him, in the case of the abused children. The assailant’s trial will continue, where he faces charges of kidnapping and assault against children in Ta’bour and has faced multiple other allegations.

Source: arabtimesonline.com, Staff, October 25, 2023


_____________________________________________________________________

Home  |  Twitter/X  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  | Contact us






"One is absolutely sickened, not by the crimes that the wicked have committed,
but by the punishments that the good have inflicted."

— Oscar Wilde

Most Viewed (Last 7 Days)

20 Minutes to Death: Witness to the Last Execution in France

Alabama SC approves second nitrogen gas execution

Utah requests execution of death row inmate

Arkansas Supreme Court Decision Allows New DNA Testing in Case of the ​“West Memphis Three,” Convicted of Killing Three Children in 1993

U.S. | I'm a Death Row Pastor. They're Just Ordinary Folks

North Texas jury sentences killer to death penalty for shooting Burleson woman, cop

Iran | Executions in Kermanshah, Shiraz; 20+ Others at Risk

Alabama approves second nitrogen hypoxia execution