FEATURED POST

Communist Vietnam's secret death penalty conveyor belt: How country trails only China and Iran for 'astonishing' number of executions

Image
Prisoners are dragged from their cells at 4am without warning to be given a lethal injection Vietnam's use of the death penalty has been thrust into the spotlight after a real estate tycoon was on Thursday sentenced to be executed in one of the biggest corruption cases in the country's history. Truong My Lan, a businesswoman who chaired a sprawling company that developed luxury apartments, hotels, offices and shopping malls, was arrested in 2022.

My name is Marlon Duane Kiser. I spent 13 years on Tennessee death row for a crime I didn't commit

Marlon Duane Kiser
Marlon Duane Kiser
My name is Marlon Duane Kiser.

I am a Tennessee death row resident who has spent the last thirteen years in prison for a crime I didn't commit.

My roommate at the time, an individual named James Michael Chattin had discovered that a Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputy named Donald Kenneth Bond Jr. was seemingly having an affair with Tina Chattin who was Mike Chattin's wife.

On several different occasions, Mike Chattin has stated to several different individuals that his wife was seeing a cop and that he was going to kill him, and in the early morning hours of September 6th, 2001, that is exactly what Mike Chattin did.

And then, to throw suspicion off of Mike Chattin, he ran to police pointing his finger at me because I had a pending police brutality lawsuit against the Chattanooga Police Department since 1998 which was scheduled to be heard on September 17th, eleven days after Deputy Donald Bond’s death.

The morning of September 6th, 2001, I had a meeting scheduled with my full attorney that was handling my police brutality lawsuit where my attorney was wanting to discuss with me a settlement offer made by the City of Chattanooga. 

It is illogical to police that I would spend $8,000 of my own personal funds doing the right thing by filing a civil lawsuit against the City of Chattanooga and the three Chattanooga officers that severely beat me in 1998, and then approximately two-and-a-half years later, I kill a Hamilton County Sheriff’s Deputy that had nothing to do with my case. That doesn’t make any sense.

One question that no one is asking me yet: why is Hamilton County Sheriff’s Deputy Jonathan Samuel Collins Jr., a co-worker of Deputy Donald Bond fleeing with Mike Chattin for eight-plus years when Mike Chattin is an admitted crack cocaine and methamphetamine user and dealer? 

The reason why is Mike Chattin and Deputy Sam Collins had an up-and-coming drug enterprise where Deputy Sam Collins would confiscate drugs from individuals during traffic stops and then he would give them to Mike Chattin to distribute. 

Quite often, Mike Chattin would purchase these drugs from Deputy Sam Collins for his own personal use from the approximate $50,000 fraudulent workman’s comp claim that Mike Chattin had received at the end of May of 2001 and Mike Chattin was broke three months later with nothing to show for it.

Once I had discovered that Mike Chattin was involved with hardcore drugs such as crack cocaine, methamphetamine and powder cocaine, I gave Mike Chattin my three week notice to vacate the premises...

⏩ Click here to read the full story

Source: Free Marlon Kiser

⚑ | Report an error, an omission, a typo; suggest a story or a new angle to an existing story; submit a piece, a comment; recommend a resource; contact the webmaster, contact us: deathpenaltynews@gmail.com.


Opposed to Capital Punishment? Help us keep this blog up and running! DONATE!

Most Viewed (Last 7 Days)

Communist Vietnam's secret death penalty conveyor belt: How country trails only China and Iran for 'astonishing' number of executions

Malaysia urged to extend moratorium on executions until full abolition of death penalty

Could Moscow attack suspects face execution in Belarus?

Iran | 9 prisoners executed in a single day

Bill Moves Forward to Prevent Use of Nitrogen Gas Asphyxiation in Louisiana Executions

Punjab | Woman sentenced to death for kidnapping, burying toddler alive