Jakarta. The Indonesian government is reportedly "still evaluating and observing the situation" before it decides on a date for the third round of executions of death-row inmates this year, Attorney General H.M. Prasetyo said on Tuesday.
In April, Tony Spontana, a spokesman for the Attorney Genera's Office, revealed plans for the next round of executions to be conducted after the controversial and universally denounced killings of eight drug convicts, seven of them foreigners.
The first round of executions, in January, saw six people, five of them foreigners, face the firing squad.
When questioned on Tuesday about when the third round of killings would take place, Prasetyo gave the rather vague response of "We're currently focusing on the law violation development."
Tony had previously said the third batch of condemned inmates would all be convicted murderers, after the 14 drug offenders put to death so far this year.
Source: Jakarta Globe, Sept. 8, 2015
Report an error, an omission: firstname.lastname@example.org