|Iran: Barbaric and medieval punishments|
2 prisoners were executed at Salmas Prison (west Azerbaijan province, northwestern Iran) on drug related charges.
According to close sources, 1 of the prisoners, identified as Sami Mamadi, was hanged on Monday October 31.
According to the Kurdistan Human Rights Network, the other prisoner, identified as Iraj Hamedi, was hanged on Tuesday November 1.
The human rights news agency, HRANA, has reported that at least 9 drug related prisoners, including one from Urmia Prison, were recently transferred to solitary confinement in Salmas Prison.
Iran Human Rights had recently reported on 2 other prisoners who were hanged at Salmas Prison on drug related charges: Bakhtiar Khaledi and Shoresh Mirzapour.
3 Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
3 prisoners were reportedly executed at Darya, Urmia's central prison, on drug related charges.
According to a report by the human rights news agency, HRANA, the prisoners were hanged on the morning of Wednesday August [sic] 2 in the West Azerbaijan province (northwestern Iran).
HRANA identifies the prisoners as Farhad Mansouri, Shoaib Hatami, and Darvish Monzemi.
These three prisoners were reportedly transferred to solitary confinement on Tuesday in preparation for their executions.
Iranian official sources, including the Judiciary and the media, have been silent on these executions.
14 Prisoners in Imminent Danger of Execution in Western Iran
According to close sources, there are a total of 47 prisoners who are currently on death row in Qorveh's central prison (Kurdistan province, western Iran) for murder or drug related charges.
Iran Human Rights has obtained the names of 14 of them who are in imminent danger of execution:
1. Reza Samadi (sentenced to death on murder charges)
2. Fayegh Rashidi (sentenced to death for producing crystal meth)
3. Mohammad Rasoul Heydari (sentenced to death on murder charges)
4. Sohrab Ramezani (sentenced to death on murder charges)
5. Hashem Gharaghezloo(sentenced to death on drug related charges)
6. Hassan Kazemloo (sentenced to death on drug related charges)
7. Babak Hassanzadeh (sentenced to death on drug related charges)
8. Iman Shokri (sentenced to death on murder charges)
9. Hossein Dervish Koochaki (sentenced to death on murder charges)
10. Saeed Zarei (sentenced to death on murder charges)
11. Reza Parvaneh (sentenced to death on drug related charges)
12. Faraj Amirighazaleh (sentenced to death on drug related charges)
13. Koroush Rezaiepour (sentenced to death on drug related charges)
14. Zeynab Shah-Hosseini (sentenced to death on drug related charges)
Iran Human Rights is aware that Koroush Rezaiepour and Zeynab Shah-Hosseini are a married couple who have been imprisoned since their arrests 5 years ago for alleged drug related offenses.
The couple were reportedly held at Hamadan Prison before their transfer to the central prison in Qorveh.
According to close sources, there are more than 600 prisoners who are currently detained at Qorveh's central prison, and approximately 45% of them are held on drug related charges.
Source: Iran Human Rights, November 2-3, 2016
⚑ | Report an error, an omission; suggest a story or a new angle to an existing story; send a submission; recommend a resource; contact the webmaster, contact us: email@example.com.
Opposed to Capital Punishment? Help us keep this blog up and running! DONATE!