The President rejected his clemency application on 19 October but can still reconsider his decision and halt the imminent execution.
1) Please write immediately in English or your own language:
- Urging the President to immediately halt Kho Jabing’s execution and reconsider the decision on Kho Jabing’s clemency application;
- Noting that, while you are not seeking to downplay the seriousness of the crime or its consequences, Kho Jabing did not intend to cause death and the death sentence was re-imposed by the Court of Appeal in a close three-to-two decision with dissenting judgments, after it had previously been set aside;
- Calling on the authorities to immediately reimpose an official moratorium on executions with a view to abolishing the death penalty, and commute all existing death sentences.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
EITHER send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UA 249/15” in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.
Word version: DOWNLOAD
Source: Amnesty International, November 2, 2015